Wednesday, June 24, 2009
Tuesday, June 23, 2009
1. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
2. When in doubt, just take the next small step.
3. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone...
4. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends and parents will. Stay in touch.
5. Pay off your credit cards every month.
6. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
7. Cry with someone. It's more healing than crying alone.
8. It's OK to get angry with God. He can take it.
9. Save for retirement starting with your first paycheck.
10. When it comes to chocolate,resistance is futile.
11. Make peace with your past so it won't screw up the present.
12. It's OK to let your children see you cry.
13. Don't compare your life to others.You have no idea what their journey is all about.
14. If a relationship has to be a secret, you shouldn't be in it.
15. Everything can change in the blink of an eye. But don't worry; God never blinks.
16. Take a deep breath. It calms the mind.
17. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
18. Whatever doesn't kill you really does make you stronger.
19.. It's never too late to have a happy childhood. But the second one is up to you and no one else.
20. When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer
21. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
22. Over prepare, then go with the flow.
23. Be eccentric now. Don't wait for old age to wear purple.
24. The most important sex organ is the brain.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness but you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words'In five years, will this matter?'
27. Always choose life.
28. Forgive everyone for everything.
29. What other people think of you is none of your business.
30. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
31. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
32. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
33. Believe in miracles.
34. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didn't do.
35. Don't audit life. Show up and make the most of it now.
36. Growing old beats the alternative -- dying young.
37. Your children get only one childhood.
38. All that truly matters in the end is that you loved..
39. Get outside every day. Miracles are waiting everywhere.
40. If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's,we'd grab ours back.
41. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
42. The best is yet to come.
43. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
45. Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift."
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Disappointed with myself this morning...woke up at 10:30AM. Sick and WRONG! Hoping to get the guest room cleaned and then zip up to Santa Barbara to spend the night with Ari. Perhaps get a peek of the beach and dinner date in while I'm at it...
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Monday, June 8, 2009
Sunday, June 7, 2009
Good Morning, world! After a lovely night of doing absolutely nothing (aside from burying my face in a Philip Roth book) - I am beyond rested and welcoming the warm sunshine pouring into the home office and beating on my back. Looking forward to celebrating the Pinter twins birthdays today with family and friends. Also looking forward to eating a mound of chips and some of my favorite shrimp fajitas ever at Marix by the beach.
Speaking of Mexican food by the beach...a few more of my favorites.
Mucho - Manhattan Beach
I dream of their light, cinnamon dusted chips and creamy queso. Try the carnitas and split. The meat was juicy and portion plenty. Your going to spend more here than at your average Mexican spot but certainly worth it, especially for a special occasion.
Z'tejas - Costa Mesa Plaza (Newport Beach area)
One of my all time beloved restaurants. And I can say that even after working there! Can't wait to hit up the Scottsdale location when I'm there in 2 weeks!
The tex/mex/asian fusion really gets me going. The fish taco recipe is oh-so-inventive which makes them, by far, the best I've ever had. Blackened catfish, slaw, avocado, jalapeno mayo, tortilla strips, and a sesame dipping sauce that I would be happy to drink... The queso is served in a cast iron skillet and warm cornbread placed on every table with a side of honey butter. That alone is a reason to go. The margaritas (all 13 flavors) are tart and delicious and customers are limited to 3. They are strong, baby!
Saturday, June 6, 2009
That seems to be a question I'm asking myself quite frequently as of late. Who is this little girl in a bow tie - smiling with wonder and glee. Before the anxiety set in because she was chasing thirty.
My boss sent me off on hiatus for the first time in 5 years. He felt like a failure. So did I. But we both agreed that there's a bit of peace and war going on inside of us. The free fall and clean slate and unknown - so peaceful. The free fall and clean slate and unknown - internal, emotional, psychological battle of the century. I said, really. I'm fine. More than anything I am just wondering, who am I? Well, Katy. I can't help you there. And so the quest to find out...begins.